Your use of ULI.org, any websites with an address ending in “.uli.org” (”websites” collectively) signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions described below.
The Urban Land Institute (“ULI”) reserves the right to modify this agreement at any time, and without prior notice, by posting amended terms on the websites. Your continued use of the websites indicates your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Links to Other Web Sites and User-Supplied Content
Copyright and Trademarks
User Submissions and Conduct
- Post content or initiate communications that are unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable, as well as post material that encourages conduct by others that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law.
- Use our websites to post commercial solicitations, except where explicitly allowed.
- Post any content that violates copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- Collect user e-mail or contact information for the purposes of sending solicitations or unsolicited commercial communications.
- Impersonate another user or post content under another user’s account.
- Upload to our website any content that contains computer viruses or other malicious computer code.
- Alter or modify any part of these websites.
- Upload or post any information or communications that you do not have the right to disclose.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant ULI a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify ULI for all claims resulting from content you supply.
Monitoring and Enforcement
ULI reserves the right to determine whether user-supplied content is appropriate and complies with these terms and conditions, as outlined in the User Submissions and Conduct section above.
You agree to indemnify ULI, its trustees, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including attorneys’ fees), and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the websites, your violation of these terms and conditions, and any claim that one of your submissions caused damage to a third party.
Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
The websites are provided on an “as is,” “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, those of MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE or NON-INFRINGEMENT or any warranty arising from a course of dealing, usage, or trade practice. User waives all claims against ULI and agrees that under no circumstances, including negligence, shall ULI or its trustees, officers, employees or anyone else involved in creating or maintaining the websites be liable for any DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL or CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, or LOST PROFITS that result from the use or inability to use the websites and/or any other websites that are linked to the ULI websites, including, but not limited to, reliance by a user on any information obtained via the websites; or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion of files, viruses, errors, defects, or any failure of performance, communications failure, theft, destruction, or unauthorized access. In jurisdictions that do not allow some or all of the above limitations of liability, liability shall be limited to the greatest extent allowed by law.
This agreement between you and ULI will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to its conflict of law principles.