The Urban Land Institute was originally incorporated on December 14, 1936, as an independent, nonprofit, research and education organization under the name of the National Real Estate Foundation for Practical Research and Education.
On December 20, 1939, the name was changed to Urban Land Institute and the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws were amended accordingly. In 1986, the name was changed to ULI−the Urban Land Institute.
ULI’s mission is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide.
ULI is led by a professional staff and by committed member volunteers. To find out more about ULI’s leadership, governance, bylaws, or committees, contact Mary Beth Corrigan.