The ULI Foundation Annual Fund provides funding for Urban Innovation Grants, which support ULI District Council and National Council projects that recognize or launch innovative public/private partnerships and advance the responsible use of land in building healthy, thriving communities worldwide.
The program awarded 30 grants in 2011 in recognition of ULI’s 75th anniversary, and the Foundation contributed $250,000 for 15 grants in 2012. In 2013, 17 grants totaling $250,000 were awarded District and National Councils through the program. Grants range in size from $5,000 to $25,000.
Only ULI District Councils and ULI National Councils may apply. In order to be eligible for a grant, projects must:
- Recognize or launch innovative public/private partnerships for building healthy, thriving communities worldwide.
- Incorporate regional collaboration.
- Address the ULI priorities or the topics discussed in the What’s Next? reports.
- Include a strong role for ULI members.
- Include a public relations/communications strategy.
- Be completed by June 2013.
- Include plans for a final report with a summary of success and photos.
2014 Application Deadline: To be announced.