The mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative is to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry.
WLI Steering Committee
The Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) formally launched in Charlotte, NC at the ULI 2012 Spring Meeting. WLI was formed late in 2010 and is now an active part of ULI’s Larson Leadership Initiative.
The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
If you would like to be involved with the WLI’s work, reach out to your local District Council staff to express interest. Find the contact information for your ULI District Council.
Join the Conversation. The WLI regularly hosts high-level conversations with accomplished women leaders. Join our LinkedIn group to participate.
Discover important research and industry information by following us on Twitter.
Latest News From WLI Worldwide
- Posted October 1, 2014 on Urban Land InstituteThe WLI Steering Committee announces the names of the ten WLI Fall Meeting Scholarship winners. Read More
- Posted August 18, 2014 on Urban Land InstituteULI women members who are active in District Councils, including members in Associate, Young Leader and Student member categories, are encouraged to apply for a Fall Meeting 2014 WLI Scholarship. The purpose of the program is to support the professional development of ULI women members through participation in the Fall Meeting, and to advance the mission of WLI: to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. Read More
- Posted August 15, 2014 on ULI CincinnatiThe Domino Sugar Factory on the Williamsburg waterfront, the last of its kind, is set to be demolished in 2 weeks to make way for the new development. The factory… Read More
- Posted August 14, 2014 on Urban Land InstituteOn behalf of the ULI Women's Leadership Initiative Steering Committee, we are reaching out for support of the ULI Foundation Annual Fund and to "check the box" for WLI! Since our launch at the 2012 Spring Meeting in Charlotte, WLI has raised over $200,000 dedicated to supporting the programs and activities directed by our Steering Committee. WLI has sponsored fall scholarships, programs and networking events at the fall and spring meetings, at the district council level and at global forums. WLI Annual Fund donations have ranged from $100 to $25,000, and in 2013 more than 100 ULI members (men and women) contributed. Read More
- Posted August 13, 2014 on ULI New YorkBuilt By Women Call For Nominations The Beverly Willis Architecture Foundation (BWAF) is looking to identify 100 outstanding structures and built environments, contemporary or historic, that were designed and/or constructed by… Read More
- Posted July 29, 2014 on Urban Land InstituteThe following profile was created and conducted by ULI Toronto members Andrea Bogar and Robyn Brown - a Women's Leadership Initiative profile of Merrie Frankel. Read More
- Posted July 22, 2014 on Urban Land Institute"Beyond the Elevator Pitch," the professional engagement and speaking workshop put on by the Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) in San Francisco, took place on June 3. ULI San Francisco was fortunate to have two ULI writers in attendance: Lauren Kohli, TRC, and Lindsay Pincus, Studio Architecture, to capture their personal experiences from the sold-out event. Read More