The submission period for the 2016 cycle is open.
- Early-bird deadline: January 22, 2016
- Final deadline: February 22, 2016
The ULI Urban Open Space Award program only accepts applications via OrgSync, an online system that requires applicants to create a user name and password. Before applying, please review these application instructions, which include information about registering on the online system. Please note that even though the application requires the same information as in previous years, the process is now conducted electronically.
How to Apply Online
Participation in the ULI Urban Open Space Award program requires the creation of an account on the OrgSync network. The ULI Urban Open Space Award OrgSync community houses the application forms, and will also house the supplementary material and Q&A archives during the submission period. This portal is the primary source of information for applicants during the awards cycle.
Instructions for Joining the 2016 Urban Open Space Award Community
- Go to OrgSync. If prompted to select a community, choose “Urban Land Institute” from the pull-down menu.
- If you have not previously registered with OrgSync to apply for a ULI award, click “Not a Member? Register Now.” Do not log in using a Facebook account or an existing OrgSync account that is not affiliated with ULI. Fill out the form with your user name and select a password for the account. If you have previously registered with OrgSync to apply for a ULI award, log in with your user name and password.
- You will then be taken to the Urban Open Space Awards portal. In the future, use this OrgSync link to log in.
Completing the Application
The general application form is to be submitted online and can be found in the “Forms” section of the Urban Open Space Awards portal. The application form can be saved as a work in progress before the submission is completed. To understand the scope of requirements, you may consult a blank reference version of the application form, or the accompanying detailed instructions.
Applications will be accepted ONLY via the OrgSync system. Any applications sent via other means will be discarded. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions you may have to support your submission.
An entry fee must accompany each project submitted. Fees for the 2016 ULI Urban Open Space Award are as follows:
Early Bird Deadline (January 22, 2016)
– Public Sector/NGO $150
– Private Sector $450
Final Deadline (February 22, 2016)
– Public Sector/NGO $250
– Private Sector $550
Please note that these fees apply to the type of company or organization submitting the application, not the type of project completed. The application will take you to a secure link to complete the transaction.
Don’t forget to fill out the authorization section of the submission by the right project representative. The authorization agreements guarantees the legitimacy of the submission and enables the submission to be approved for evaluation and potential dissemination on ULI channels.
Please note that the final deadline for all submissions is February 22, 2016. This is a final deadline and will not be extended. Plan to allow time accordingly for preparing and uploading your submission materials. This year submitters also have an opportunity to benefit from a reduced fee early-bird deadline of January 22, 2016.