ULI’s Jack Kemp Excellence in Affordable and Workforce Housing Awards recognize and honor exemplary developments that demonstrate creativity in expanding housing opportunities for America’s working families.
New this year, the 2014 Jack Kemp Awards will honor developments that ensure housing affordability for a range of incomes, particularly for households earning below 120 percent of area median income (AMI). Previously, only developments serving those earning 60-120 percent AMI were eligible.
Apply today! The deadline for submission has been extended to Monday, March 17, 2014. Click here to submit an entry.
Developments are selected based on a number of criteria, including:
- Number of affordable and workforce housing units;
- Successful market acceptance and neighborhood impact;
- Demonstrated community benefits, including supporting a mix of incomes.
- Proximity to employment centers and transportation hubs;
- Quality of the design, amenities and site planning;
- Involvement of public and private partnerships;
- Ability to leverage public, private, and nonprofit funds;
- Use of regulatory reform to reduce costs;
- Minimal use of public subsidy;
- Energy efficiency beyond code;
- Sustainable green construction and land development, as well as the demonstrated cost effectiveness of these efforts;
- Innovative building technologies and systems; and
- Replicability of the development.
Learn more! Click here to access the complete submission requirements.
Previous Jack Kemp Workforce Housing Models of Excellence Award Winners and Finalists