How do Americans really feel about where they live and what do they want from their communities in the future? Explore answers to this question and more at ULI’s upcoming webinar.
Tuesday, September 24, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. ET
Click here to register.
Join ULI’s Rachel MacCleery, Senior Vice President, Content and a diverse panel of practitioners and policymakers including: Gene Conti, Vice President, The Conti Group LLC; Brian Allan “AJ” Jackson, Managing Partner, EYA; and Ilana Preuss, Vice President and Chief of Staff, Smart Growth America.
During this webinar you will:
- Learn about the major findings of new ULI survey defining American community preferences, “America in 2013;”
- Discover how transportation policy and practice shifts are playing out at the state level;
- Explore how savvy developers are responding to shifting market demand; and,
- Hear about new policy recommendations for changes in federal real estate investment.
This webinar is open to ULI members and non-members and is presented jointly by ULI’s Infrastructure Initiative, Rose Center for Public Leadership, and Terwilliger Center for Housing. There is no fee to participate in this program, but space is limited. Confirm your participation today!
The State Smart Transportation Initiative will be featuring ULI’s new report, When the Road Price is Right: Land Use, Tolls, and Congestion Pricing, in their webinar Tolling to Support Multimodal Facilities, a discussion of how highway tolls can support congestion-free travel and transit service.
Wednesday, September 25, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register.
The webinar will highlight U.S. 36 in Colorado, which will expand a four-lane facility to add an express lane carrying bus-rapid transit, high-occupancy vehicles, and tolled single-occupancy vehicles, as well as a commuter bikeway.
Join Will Toor, Transportation Program Director, Southwest Energy Efficiency Project; Sarah Jo Peterson, Co-author, When the Road Price is Right, ULI; and Nicholas J. Farber, Enterprise Specialist, High Performance Transportation Enterprise, Colorado DOT. This webinar is open to all.
Building Healthy Places Initiative
The Infrastructure Initiative is excited about ULI’s new effort to leverage the power of its global networks to shape projects and places in ways that improve the health of people and communities. Over the next two years, we’ll be exploring the interconnections between infrastructure and health. Learn more about the Building Healthy Places Initiative here.
- ULI Wraps Up Summer 2013 District Council Infrastructure Speaker Series The ULI Infrastructure Initiative recently wrapped up its annual summer District Council speaker series. Speakers from ULI in Georgetown visited 13 District Councils to talk about recent infrastructure reports.
- The End of Suburban Sprawl: Observations from My Summer Trips Ed McMahon shares thoughts from his recent national travels. Is the end of suburban sprawl here? No, but McMahon sees progress.
- Research Round Up: The Impact of Transit on Property Values ULI’s research team often gets asked whether transit investments have resulted in increases in property values for nearby communities. We share five recent reports that shed some light on this question. (The short version: yes, to a certain degree, in most cases.)
Connect with the ULI Infrastructure Initiative
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read and comment on our webposts: uli.org/infrastructureblog
Visit our website: uli.org/infrastructure
Follow us on Twitter!: @uli_infra
Browse a selection of printed infrastructure-related reports in the online ULI Bookstore
Join the ULI network. Learn more about the benefits of ULI membership and join at uli.org/membership.