Infrastructure 2014: Shaping the Competitive City is the eighth in a series of annual reports from the Urban Land Institute and EY.
Infrastructure 2014, based on a survey of approximately 440 top public and
real estate leaders from around the world, assesses the role of infrastructure
in supporting and attracting metropolitan real estate investment and supporting urban prosperity, and identifies key infrastructure investment priorities and bottlenecks.
Among the findings in Infrastructure 2014:
- Good infrastructure is a key driver of where real estate investment dollars go;
- Improving the quality of public transit, roads and bridges, and pedestrian infrastructure is among survey respondents’ highest priorities;
- The public’s willingness to pay for infrastructure is a top factor that will shape infrastructure over the next decade;
- Funding and financing for infrastructure are seen as resting on cooperation between developers and local governments; and
- Long-term maintenance and operations of infrastructure are oft-neglected considerations, and concern public and private leaders alike.
Infrastructure 2014 is full of essential information and insights for anyone who cares about infrastructure and the future of cities.
Mike Parker, senior managing director and U.S. infrastructure advisory leader at EY, spoke with Institutional Real Estate, Inc. (IREI) about the report’s findings. You can listen to the podcast using the link below.
Supporting survey documents can be downloaded using the link below.
The report will be shared with ULI’s Council networks through speaking engagements held during the spring and summer of 2014. Click on the links below to register for more information about past events.
- May 8, East Lansing, MI: ULI Michigan Presents Infrastructure 2014
- May 16, Charlotte, NC: Infrastructure 2014: The Shaping of a Competitive City
- July 31, Las Vegas, NV: Infrastructure for a Resilient Community
- August 8, Dallas, TX: Competitive Cities: Critical Factors in Location Choices
- August 19, Jacksonville, FL: Shaping a Competitive City
- September 10, Boise, ID: Infrastructure 2014: Shaping the Competitive City
- October 1, Calgary, AB: Shaping the Competitive City
- November 7, Tallahassee, FL: Shaping Competitive Cities: FSU Real Estate Trends Conference
To learn more or schedule an infrastructure speaker contact Sara Hammerschmidt at 202-624-7028 or email@example.com.
For the Media
For media inquiries, contact Trish Riggs at 202-624-7086 or firstname.lastname@example.org.