BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY: The Senior Associate, ULI New York, is a full-time professional position within the New York District Council. As an integral part of the District Council team, the Senior Associate serves as a professional liaison between the District Council, ULI headquarters, and New York real estate, planning, and development professionals. The Senior Associate is one of the faces of the ULI New York District Council—members will call the Senior Associate first for assistance and information, so it is imperative that the Senior Associate be courteous, helpful, and friendly. The position necessitates that the Senior Associate be able to travel occasionally to District Council events and functions and attend meetings, events, or programs in the early mornings or evenings.
The Senior Associate serves as an informed resource for District Council operational committees and Local Product Councils, interfacing with these groups to ensure that all work is consistent with ULI’s policies and procedures and that ULI New York’s mission, goals, and objectives are met. The Senior Associate works closely with the Executive Director and Manager to maintain programmatic, administrative, and office operations of the New York District Council, including the development of membership, sponsorship, programs, and external communications. This exempt position will be located in Midtown New York City and will report to the Executive Director of the New York District Council.
The Senior Associate’s overall responsibility is to facilitate and support the implementation of the District Council’s goals and objectives. The Senior Associate must possess the ability to understand the District Council program of work and tie it to ULI’s overall goals. This entails working closely with the Executive Director, Manager, third-party contractor the Berman Group, Management Committee, the Advisory Board, and other committee members.
District Council Operations Support
- Provides support for the District Council’s operations including, but not limited to: databases, records, calendars, supplies and equipment, files, and other District Council resources and equipment and maintenance as needed;
- Serves as initial point of contact for the New York District Council, including answering phones and responding to routine member and prospect inquiries;
- Works with the Executive Director to create, produce, and manage distribution of District Council collateral materials;
- Works with ULI’s customer service department to update member information;
- Supports overall membership development efforts;
- Supports the Executive Director in the preparation of budgets and recertification plans;
- Supports the Manager in developing grant applications to support the District Council’s initiatives; and
- Performs other operations functions and special projects as required as part of the District Council team.
- Manages and update ULI New York’s website, using ULI’s content management systems, including but not limited to: marketing for upcoming events, news related to District Council initiatives, members in the news, and other pertinent activities;
- Manages all ULI New York social media accounts; and
- Develops content and designs for all e-blasts, including the monthly e-News, programs, invitations, signage, etc., in coordination with the Berman Group as necessary.
- Supports the Young Leaders Group, the Advisory Board, and future Local Product Councils, including Mixed-Use Development, by preparing schedules, agendas, calendar invitations for meetings, and maintaining lists of committee attendees and by recording, writing, and distributing post-meeting minutes to the members;
- Supports these committees and content centers by facilitating member efforts to develop programming and initiatives that further the mission of the District Council;
- Supports the Manager on Technical Assistance Panel (“TAP”) steering committee coordination and TAP outreach, coordination, and final report drafting, editing, and layout; and
- Supports standing committees, councils, and other working groups as needed from time to time.
- Assists the Executive Director, Manager, and the Berman Group with programs and event planning;
- Assists the Executive Director, Manager, and the Berman Group with event logistics as well as help with tasks following events; and
- Attends ULI New York events in order to foster connections to, and engagement with, ULI members.
Maintains daily relationship with, and reports to, the ULI New York Executive Director; works directly with the Executive Director of the District Council, as well as staff at ULI headquarters, and disseminates information to applicable parties and departments, including membership, meeting production, finance, and customer service teams.
On a daily basis, directs work with ULI members, including Advisory Board members serving in key committee leadership positions, members, member firms, sponsors, prospects, vendors, collaborative partner organizations, and consultants.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Three to five years’ experience, preferably working at a nonprofit or other organization in a member service capacity.
- Polished and professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Proven project and office management skills, including the ability to creatively solve problems
- Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and Adobe products; knowledge of and competency with graphics software, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, or communications software a plus
- Familiarity and proficiency with web-based tools, such as WordPress.
- Ability to initiate tasks and assume responsibility, and to work with minimal supervision in a high-production position.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, and complete tasks on time, with responsible follow–through.
- Ability to provide courteous customer service and professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, with meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
- Interest in real estate, land use, and urban development desired.
- Ability to attend early morning and evening events is required.
Please submit your resume and letter of introduction to email@example.com, subject line “Sr. Associate, ULI NY”. EOE/m/f/d/v.