POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Associate is an integral part of the Convenings (Conventions and Meetings) team. This exempt, full-time position is responsible for providing project support to the Senior Vice President, Convenings, and the Convenings staff.
- Manage the tours for the Spring and Fall Meetings. This includes working with the member-volunteers who are organizing the tours, providing logistical support for the tours, tracking contracts related to the tours, and ensuring that the tours will be a value-added event for the meeting attendees.
- Work with the Convenings staff to develop and implement ways to ensure that the varied programs of ULI are reflected in the meeting along with the appropriate Council and District Council programming.
- Manage the development of the on-site program for the Spring and Fall Meetings, including gathering all materials, working on the layout, and sending to print.
- Update the websites for the meetings in a timely manner and recommend modifications to the meeting web site as needed.
- Oversee the volunteer program for the Fall and Spring Meetings. This includes scheduling the volunteer hours, training the volunteers, and managing the volunteers on site.
- Provide support to the development and implementation of the program for the Spring and Fall Meetings.
- May work on special projects varied in nature.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Three to five years of relevant experience.
- The ability to successfully handle multiple priorities, as well as adapt quickly to shifting duties and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to meet deadlines and follow up with final details, as well as a commitment to detail and accuracy.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and flexible, with the ability to initiate tasks and assume responsibility.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to produce a high-quality product and successful outcome.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with members and ULI staff of all levels.
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and be able to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent writing and proofreading/editing skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research. Solid database skills.
Please submit your résumé and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.
The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).