POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Associate for Content conducts research, analysis, and program activities related to real estate, infrastructure, economics, finance and capital markets, and related topics. The position sits in ULI’s Project Management Office, which supports a range of content efforts, including Capital Markets, Building Healthy Places, Infrastructure, Leadership, Housing, Sustainability, and more.
In addition to strong quantitative and analytical skills, the position requires robust project management skills, creativity, close attention to detail, a member-oriented emphasis, and a proactive, positive approach to content generation. The position offers incumbents the opportunity to hone their skills and knowledge, interface with real estate industry leaders, and advance ULI’s mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land. This exempt position is located in Washington, D.C. and will report to the Senior Vice President, Content.
- Work with Content-team leads on a variety of economic and development research reports.
- Assist with data collection and research on real estate industry and finance issues for the ULI Consensus Forecast, the Emerging Trends in Real Estate publications, and the China Cities Survey.
- Conduct research on the topic of new technology and its impact on the built environment and real estate.
- Assist with report production activities for reports, such as the annual infrastructure report, a planned report on active transportation, case studies, and other similar reports and efforts.
- Assist with awards programs and other tasks, manage contact and interview lists, photos and graphics, and work on related tasks.
- Assist with the roll out activities for reports and publications, including PowerPoint development, mailings, event scheduling, etc.
- Manage and contribute to content development and updates for the ULI website.
- Assist in the development of event programming and logistics for domestic and international conferences and meetings.
- Perform other duties and projects as required to contribute to a successful team effort.
Ongoing relationships will involve contact with ULI members and leaders, district council chairs, public officials, consultants, researchers, data providers, and authors.
Close working relationships across the organization will be required. The Senior Associate will report to and work closely with the Senior Vice President for Content. The Senior Associate will also work closely with the Capital Markets team leads, as well as other Content team leads.
BA/BS required in real estate, economics, public policy, planning, infrastructure, or related field. Masters or MBA preferred; undergraduate degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- 4-6 years of experience in the public, private, or non-profit sector engaged in real estate research, economics, or development.
- Excellent professional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to work with senior business and public sector executives.
- Strong knowledge of research methods, data analysis and presentation, statistics, spreadsheets, and web-based content development. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Familiarity and proficiency with graphics, illustrator or SPSS a plus.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to initiate tasks and to work with minimal supervision in a high production environment.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Associate, Content” in the subject line.