POSITION SUMMARY: ULI is seeking a Manager to join the Center for Capital Markets and Real Estate (the “Center”) to help support, and engage in, the full range of the Center’s activities. This exempt full-time position will report to the Vice Present of the Center, the Manager will be involved in both the operational and substantive components of the Center.
Some of the Center’s ongoing products are the Emerging Trends in Real Estate reports, Real Estate Consensus Forecast, Mainland China Real Estate Markets, and Real Estate Investor Interviews. Other products are generated as new initiatives and partnerships are formed.
- Work with ULI’s Vice President of the Center for Real Estate Investment and Economics to implement and execute all of the Center’s projects, maintaining budget and schedule goals.
- Work with the Vice President and other ULI staff to ensure that the Center’s programs are integrated with one another and with other programs at ULI, and that the information about the Center’s mission and program of work is effectively disseminated to ULI’s members, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Write articles for Urban Land magazine based on Center’s projects and activities.
- Create and implement ongoing collection and analysis of metrics on all Center activities and assess impact.
- Work with the District Council coordinators in the Georgetown office to partner with and perform outreach to District Councils.
- Manage Center’s website to ensure that all materials are up to date; work with ULI’s web team to create/enhance effective promotional and information-sharing structures.
- Coordinate with Strategic Communications team to maintain a robust social media presence for the Center.
- Serve as an expert resource and adviser to ULI members, district councils, and staff.
- Assist in attracting sponsorship and foundation grant funds.
- Maintain, grow, and identify additional partnerships with groups outside ULI to further the mission of the Center and of ULI.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree related to real estate and/or urban planning and/or economics.
- Approximately five years of progressively responsible experience in a real estate–related field, project management, and quantitative analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in a broad range of topics related to real estate development, finance, land use, macro- and micro-economics, urban planning, and urban issues such as public transit.
- Proven track record of interest in, and understanding the value of, quantitative analysis; proven track record in accuracy.
- Experience as a team player in a variety of settings.
- Experience in research and delivery of educational materials to targeted audiences.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously. Experience in working with or for nonprofit organizations.
- Strong knowledge of research methods, data analysis and presentation, statistics, spreadsheets, and web-based content development.
Please submit your résumé and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.
The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).