ABOUT THE ULI LEADERSHIP CENTER:
The purpose of the ULI Leadership Center is to provide a platform for the Institute’s leadership activities. At present, it is envisioned that the ULI Robert C. Larson Leadership Initiative and the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative will be housed in the new Center along with various activities involving public leaders. The mission of the Larson Leadership Initiative is to ensure a legacy of leadership in the responsible use of land while the mission of the Women’s Leadership Initiative is to promote the advancement of women leaders at ULI and in the real estate industry.
ULI is seeking a Director to join its Content Team and help support ULI’s activities in leadership. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Executive Director of the new ULI Leadership Center, the Director will be responsible for the operational component of the Center.
The Director will support the Senior VP/Executive Director and the Chair of the Center’s Advisory Board, which will serve as the leading spokespeople for the Center and its work. He/she is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other parts of the Content Team, departments within the Institute, and ULI District Councils, and will take the lead on building and maintaining relationships between the Institute, its members, and outside organizations.
- Supports all aspects of the Larson Leadership Initiative, Women’s Leadership Initiative, and designated public leadership activities including the business plan, budget, and volunteers.
- Manages advisory boards and other volunteer communities (e.g., WLI Executive and Steering Committees).
- Organizes and convenes the Center’s Advisory Board at least twice a year, and maintains open and supportive communication with members of the Advisory Board at all times.
- Submits an annual report to the Center’s Advisory Board and the Management Team on the Center’s activities for the past year and on the proposed plan of work for the coming year.
- Works with the Management Team and the Advisory Board to secure additional funding to support the Center’s work if deemed necessary.
- Maintains a robust social media presence for both initiatives.
- Master’s degree in business, real estate, urban planning, engineering, or related degree.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible experience in real estate, with at least two years of managing volunteer-driven initiatives.
- Knowledge, experience, and expertise in a broad range of topics related to leadership, planning and community development, real estate development, and finance.
- In-depth knowledge of ULI and the leadership initiatives.
- Ideally, a member of ULI, active in leadership both nationally and locally.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral formats.
- Exceptional social media skills.
- Experience working with high-level public officials and the real estate community.
- Ability to collaborate with ULI member leadership and coordinate their participation in complex, long-running programs.
- Experience in working as a team player in a variety of settings.
- Experience in working with and for nonprofit organizations.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and résumé to Erica Thomas, SPHR, Sr. Consultant, Expand HR Consulting, email@example.com. EOE/m/f/d/v