POSITION SUMMARY: Entry-level position in the Membership and Marketing Department with good potential for advancement. The position has direct involvement with the ULI Membership Marketing recruitment and retention program, as well as responsibility for coordination and execution of both the Publications marketing and Awards marketing programs. This exempt position will be a part of the Membership and Marketing department and will report to Director, Membership and Marketing.
- Assist Membership recruitment efforts with a focus on recruiting Associate Members.
- Assist in the execution of Membership onboarding and engagement.
- Facilitate members-only webinars.
- Assist in managing ULI’s on-site presence at its major annual conferences, including the ULI Fall and Spring Meetings.
- No cold-calling or direct sales—this is not a sales position.
- Implement the Publications Marketing program to sell books, reports, and eBooks.
- Implement the seasonal Awards Marketing program to achieve goals of high-quality submissions for the application-based awards programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or business-related field.
- No experience is necessary, but professionalism and integrity are a must, and 1–3 years of related experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and oral.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities and projects while remaining flexible, proactive, and highly professional.
- Exceptional organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite a plus.
- Position is based in Washington, D.C. Applicant must be able to travel out of town a minimum of two times per year for 2–5 days at a time.
Please submit your résumé and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.
The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).