POSITION SUMMARY: The Associate, Major Donors and Special Events will play a central role in the successful management and operation of the ULI Foundation’s fundraising program. The position has direct involvement with Major Donor administration, including the ULI Foundation Governors program, with responsibility for implementation, program execution, and special events. This exempt position will be a part of the Development and ULI Foundation department and report to both the Vice President, Development and Executive Vice President, Development.
Major Donors and ULI Foundation Governors
- Administer the day-to-day details of the ULI Foundation Governor program.
- Manage and track current payment information.
- Send timely invoices and payment reminders to donors.
- Assist with logistical and support functions associated with major donor events.
- Ensure the donor database is effectively managed and maintained.
- Review existing donor list and patterns of giving, updating staff periodically.
- Compile portfolio and report of endowments and major gifts and report biannually to donors.
- Plan and oversee special donor mailings.
- Working with EVP, Development on quarterly Governors newsletter.
- Create and disseminate marketing materials for the Governors program and special events.
- Create a multifocused plan to achieve donor satisfaction through individual communications, donor events, special mailings, etc.
- Create and maintain a campaign calendar: donor events, mailings, communications, outreach, etc.
- Plan and implement donor special events, including annual Governors Retreat, periodic Governors Weekends, and Governor programming at annual meetings.
- Ensure all donations and volunteer support are acknowledged and recorded on a timely basis.
Donor Relationship Management
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors.
- Serve as liaison for our ULI Foundation Governors, providing them information on upcoming events, logistical details, and acting as point of contact.
- Demonstrate high level of customer service and positive attitude with the donors.
- Provide backup administrative support for corporate relations, Annual Fund, Advertising, and Fall and Spring Meeting corporate and individual events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1–3 years of related experience preferred.
- Strong database skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong donor relations skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities while remaining flexible, proactive, and highly professional.
- Exceptional organizational, project, and time management skills.
- Ability to create, maintain, and produce highly sensitive, confidential information and documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet research.
- Proficient in database management, report management, and working with finance.
- Experience with meeting planning or logistics a plus.
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting duties and responsibilities. Must be able to prioritize work and be able to manage several projects at once.
Please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your e-mail. No relocation is offered at this time.
The Urban Land Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V)