The following projects have received ULI Awards for Excellence through the years. Each project name is followed by its location, and typically by its developer/owner and/or the prime designer associated with the project.
Project names in bold indicate ULI Heritage Award winners.
Project names in bold color indicate ULI Global Award for Excellence winners preceding the combination of the regions into a single global category in 2012.
This is a living listing, and corrections or updates are most welcome.
General information about the ULI Awards for Excellence program is available here.
For additional information or to address any issue please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Global Awards for Excellence
- 300 East Randolph, Chicago, IL, USA (Developer: Walsh Higgins & Company; Designer: Goettsch Partners) – A two-phased, vertically expanded office tower located in the city’s East Loop district.
- Cedar Gateway Apartments, San Diego, CA, USA (Developer: ROEM Development Corporation and Squier Properties, LLC; Designer: Silber Architects) – An environmentally friendly, multifamily apartment complex constructed in contemporary design to complement adjacent downtown buildings.
- Corvin Promenade, Budapest, Hungary (Developer: Futureal Group; Designer: Futureal Group, Rév8, et al) – Regeneration project in the heart of Budapest, creating a civic center for the city’s 8th district.
- GLP Misato III, Misato City, Japan (Developer: Global Logistic Properties; Designer: Global Logistic Properties, et al) – A state of the art, environmentally conscious logistic facility that aims for both business efficiency and environmental awareness.
- Governor George Deukmejian Courthouse, Long Beach, CA, USA (Developer: Long Beach Judicial Partners LLC/Meridiam Infrastructure; Designer: AECOM) – An environmentally friendly, public building delivered through an innovative public-private partnership.
- Mercado do Bom Sucesso, Porto, Portugal (Developer: Urban Market Company et al; Designer: Ferreira de Almeida, Arquitectos LDA) – A renovated mixed-use, public building that incorporates its original function as a fresh good market with retail, hotels, and commercial space.
- Sixty London, London, UK (Developer: Bath House Development Limited; Designer: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates) – Commercial office space that incorporates one of the area’s historic stone gatehouses.
- SteelStacks Art and Cultural Campus, Bethlehem, PA, USA (Developer: Bethlehem Redevelopment Authority; Designers: Wallace Roberts Todd (WRT) , et al) – A renovated public arts focused campus that incorporates the city’s old steel works.
- Tamar Development Project, Hong Kong, China (Developer: Chief Secretary for Administration’s Office, HKSAR Government; Designer: Rocco Design Architects Ltd.) – An intricate complex facility that incorporates various government buildings along the city’s water front and harbor.
- The Brewery Blocks, Portland, OR, USA (Developer: Gerding Edlen; Designer: GBD Architects Incorporated) – A sustainable mixed-use urban community that renovated and created a neighborhood in a deteriorating warehouse district.
- The Exploratorium, San Francisco, CA, USA (Developer: Wilson Meany; Designer: EHDD Architecture) – An environmentally friendly development project on a historical site that now houses an internationally renowned museum of science.
- Tjuvholmen, Oslo Norway (Developer: Tjuvholmen KS/AS; Designer: Niels Torp Arkitekter Mnal, et al) – A new development project that renovates and recovers the city’s waterfront.
- Zuellig Building, Makati City, Philippines (Developer: Bridgebury Realty Corporation; Designer: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, et al) – A sustainable, office development designed as rental property for multi-tenant use.
2013 Global Awards for Excellence
- 21c Museum Hotel Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA (Developer: 21c Museum Hotels; Designers: Deborah Berke Partners et al) More
- Altmarkt-Galerie Dresden, Dresden, Germany – (Developer: ECE Projektmanagement GmbH & Co. KG; Designers: ECE architects et al) More
- Amazon.com Global Headquarters, Seattle, Wash., USA (Developer: Vulcan Inc.; Designers: NBBJ, LMN Architects et al) More
- D-Cube City, Seoul, South Korea (Developer: Daesung Industrial Co., Ltd.; Designers: The Jerde Partnership; Samoo, et al) More
- HafenCity Hamburg (New Downtown City district), Hamburg, Germany (Developer: HafenCity Hamburg GmbH; Masterplanners/Designers:KCAP, ASTOC et al.) More
- Hysan Place, Hong Kong, China (Developer: Hysan Development Company Limited; Designers: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, HK Ltd, et al) More
- Midtown Detroit, Detroit, Mich., USA (Developer: Midtown Detroit, Inc.) More
- Roosevelt University Student Living, Academic and Recreation Center, Chicago, Ill., USA (Developer: John Buck Company; Development Manager: Jones Lang LaSalle; Designer: VOA Associates Inc.) More
- Station Center, Union City, Calif., USA (Developer: MidPen Housing Corp.; Designer: David Baker + Partners) More
- Territoria 3000, Santiago de Chile, Chile (Developer: Territoria; Designer: Handel Architects) More
- UC Davis West Village, Davis, Calif., USA (Developer: West Village Community Partnership, LLC; Design and consultant team: Studio E Architects, MVE Institutional, Lim Chang Rohling Assoc, Moore Rubell Yudell, SWA Group, Cunningham Engineering) More
- Via Verde – The Green Way, New York, N.Y., USA (Developers: Phipps Houses, Jonathan Rose Companies; Designers: Dattner Architects & Grimshaw ) More
2012 Global Awards for Excellence
Regional awards combined into a single global category
- Accident Fund Holdings, Inc. New National HQs, Lansing, MI, USA (Developer: Christman Capital Development Company; Architects: HOK, Quinn Evans Architects, et al) More
- Armstrong Place Senior and Family Housing, San Francisco, CA, USA (Developer: BRIDGE Housing Corporation; Architect: David Baker + Partners, Builder: ) More
- Atlantic Wharf, Boston, MA, USA (Developer: Boston Properties; Architect: CBT Architects) More
- Darling Quarter and Commonwealth Bank Place, Sydney, Australia (Developer: Lend Lease; Architect: fjmt, ASPECT Studios.) More
- Levine Center for the Arts, Charlotte, NC, USA (Developer: Childress Klein Properties; Architect: TVSDesign, Machado and Silvetti Associates, Mario Botta et al) More
- Life Hub @ Jinqiao, Shanghai, China (Developer: Shanghai Edmonton Real Estate Co., Ltd.; Architect: Palmer & Turner Consultants Ltd.) More
- Manitoba Hydro Place, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada (Developer: Manytoba Hydro; Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects et al) More
- Mirabella at South Waterfront, Portland , OR, USA (Developer: Pacific Retirement Services; Architect: Ankrom Moisan) More
- Red Oak Park, Boulder, CO, USA (Developer: Boulder Housing Partners ; Architect: Coburn Development) More
- Saigon South New City Center, Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam (Developer: Phu My Hung Corporation; Architect: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, Kenzo Tange Associates et al) More
- The Avenue, Washington, DC, USA (Developer: Boston Properties; Architect: Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects LLP, Hickok Cole Architects et al) More
- The Fitzrovia Apartments, London, UK (Developer: Ridgeford Properties Ltd. and Manhattan Loft Corporation; Architect: HOK) More
- Tour First, Paris, France (Developer: Altarea-Cogedim, AXA REIM and Beacon Capital Partners ; Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates) More
- Valletta Waterfront, Malta (Client: Valletta Cruise Port plc.; Design Team: EDSA, Inc., AP, Colin Toms and Partners) More
2011 Asia Pacific
- Mandurah Ocean Marina, Mandurah, Australia (Developer: LandCorp; Master Planner: Taylor Burrell Pty Ltd.)
- Marina Barrage, Singapore (Developer: PUB, Singapore’s national water agency; Architect: Architects Team 3)
- Paddington Reservoir Gardens, Sydney, Australia (Developer: City of Sydney; Architect: Tonkin Zulaikha Greer)
- The Pinnacle @ Duxton, Singapore (Developer: Housing and Development Board, Singapore; Architect: Arc Studio Architecture + Urbanism/RSP Architects Planners & Engineers)
- ENER[GIE]NGER Munich, Germany (Developer: Wilhelm Gienger VerwaltungsGmbH; Architect: peterlorenz ateliers)
- Perseo, Milan, Italy (Developer: Galotti S.p.A; Architect: FGS Goring & Straja Architects)
- Wolverton Park, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom (Developer: Places for People; Architect: RPS Group)
- Akaretler Row Houses/W Hotel; Istanbul, Turkey; Akaretler Turizm Yatirimlari A.Ş
2011 The Americas
- 300 North LaSalle, Chicago, Illinois (Developer: Hines; Architect: Pickard Chilton)
- The Burnside Rocket, Portland, Oregon (Developer/Architect: Cavenaugh+Cavenaugh LLC)
- The Eastside: Phases I & II, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Developer: The Mosites Company; Master Planner: The Design Alliance)
- Ed Roberts Campus, Berkeley, California (Developers: Ed Roberts Campus/Equity Community Builders; Architect: Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects)
- Euclid Avenue Transportation Project, Cleveland, Ohio (Developer: Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority; Urban Designer: Sasaki Associates)
- The Fitzgerald, Baltimore, Maryland (Developer: The Bozzuto Group; Architect: The Design Collective)
- New Hope Housing at Brays Crossing, Houston, Texas (Developer: New Hope Housing; Architect: Glassman Shoemake Maldonado Architects)
- New World Center, Miami Beach, Florida (Developer: New World Symphony; Architect: Gehry Partners)
- Riverfront Park, Denver, Colorado (Developer: East West Partners; Master Planner: Design Workshop)
- Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco, California (Developers: Forest City Enterprises and the Westfield Group; Architects: RTKL/Kohn Pedersen Fox/ka)
2010 Asia Pacific
- Dragon Lake Bridge Park, Bengbu, China (Xincheng Comprehensive Development Zone Bengbu, AECOM, SZCZ Architects)
- Greenbelt 5, Makati City, Philippines (Ayala Land Inc.)
- Newton Suites, Singapore (UOL Group Limited; WOHA Architects)
- Rouse Hill Town Centre, Rouse Hill, Australia (The GPT Group; Allen Jack + Cottier, Rice Daubney and Group GSA)
- The Southern Ridges, Singapore (The Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore; RSP Architects Planners & Engineers, IJP Corporation Ltd)
- Citilab, Barcelona, Spain (Fundació per a la promoció de la societat del coneixement; Josep Maria Julià i Capdevila)
- Mumuth Music Theatre, Graz, Austria (BIG Bundesimmobiliengesellschaft; UNStudio)
- New District “Miasteczko Wilanów”, Warsaw, Poland (Prokom Investments with IN-VI Investment Environments development consultant)
- Palazzo Tornabuoni, Florence, Italy (Kitebrook Partners and R.D.M. Real Estate Development; G & B S.r.l.)
2010 The Americas
- Andares, Guadalajara, Mexico (Desarrolladora Mexicana de Inmuebles S.A. de C.V.; Javier Sordo Madaleno)
- Bethel Commercial Center, Chicago, Illinois (Bethel New Life; Farr Associates Architecture and Urban Design)
- Columbia Heights, Washington, DC (Horning Brothers (Tivoli))
- Foundry Square, San Francisco, California (Tishman Speyer, Wilson Meany Sullivan; STUDIOS Architecture
- LA Live, Los Angeles, California (AEG; Gensler, RTKL, ELS)
- Madison at 14th Apartments, Oakland, California (Affordable Housing Associates; Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects)
- Sundance Square, Fort Worth, Texas (Sundance Square Management; David M. Schwarz Architects)
- Thin Flats, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Onion Flats LLC; Plumbob LLC)
- Vancouver Convention Centre West, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (BC Pavilion Corporation; LMN, Musson Cattell Mackey Partnership and DA Architects & Planners)
- The Visionaire, New York, New York (Albanese Organization; Pelli Clark Pelli Architects)
- Battery Park City Master Plan, New York, New York (Heritage) (Developer/Owner: Battery Park City Authority)
2009 Asia Pacific
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport; Singapore; LaSalle Investment Management; L.C. Development Ltd.
- Namba Parks; Osaka, Japan; Nankai Electric Railway Co. Ltd.; Takashimaya Company Ltd.
- Seismically Resistant Sustainable Housing; Bagh and Jareed, Pakistan; Article 25
- Zhongshan Shipyard Park; Zhongshan, China; City of Zhongshan
- Akaretler Row Houses/W Hotel; Istanbul, Turkey; Akaretler Turizm Yatirimlari A.Ş
- American University in Cairo New Campus; Cairo, Egypt; AUC
- Elmpark Green Urban Quarter; Dublin, Ireland; Radora Developments Ltd.
- Hilton Tower; Manchester, United Kingdom; The Beetham Organization
- Leoben Judicial Complex; Leoben, Austria; BIG Services
- Liverpool One; Liverpool, United Kingdom; Grosvenor
- Mountain Dwellings; Copenhagen, Denmark; Hoepfner and Danish Oil Company
2009 The Americas
- Baltimore Inner Harbor; Baltimore, Maryland; The Mayor, City Council of Baltimore and Charles Center-Inner Harbor Management, Inc.
- California Academy of Sciences; San Francisco, California; California Academy of Sciences
- Comcast Center; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Liberty Property Trust
- The Cork Factory; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; McCaffery Interests, Inc.
- DeVries Place; Milpitas, California; Mid-Peninsula Housing Coalition
- Heifer International World Headquarters; Little Rock, Arkansas; Heifer International
- Kansas City Power & Light District; Kansas City, Missouri; Cordish Company
- Kierland Commons; Scottsdale, Arizona; Woodbine Southwest Corporation
- The Rise; Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; Grosvenor Americas
- UniverCity; Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada; SFU Community Trust
- West Chelsea/High Line Rezoning Plan; New York, New York; City of New York, Department of Planning
2008 Asia Pacific
- Beijing Finance Street; Beijing, China; Beijing Financial Street Holding Co., Ltd.
- Bras Basah.Bugis; Singapore; Singapore; Urban Redevelopment Authority
- Elements at Kowloon Station; Hong Kong, China; MTR Corporation Limited
- The Kirinda Project; Kirinda, Sri Lanka; Colliers International Trust
- Tokyo Midtown; Tokyo, Japan; Mitsui Fudosan Group
- Kraanspoor; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; ING Real Estate Development
- Meydan Shopping Square; Istanbul, Turkey; METRO Group Asset Management Gmbh & Co.
- Stadsfeestzaal; Antwerp, Belgium; Multi Development Belgium nv
- Unilever House; London, United Kingdom; Stanhope PLC and Sloane Blackfriars
- Val d’Europe Downtown District; Marne la Vallée, France; Euro Disney Associes SCA, Value Retail PLC, Ségécé, and Nexity SA
2008 The Americas
- Adidas Village; Portland, Oregon; adidas-Salomon North America and Winkler Development Corporation
- Army Residential Communities Initiative; U.S.A.-wide; U.S. Department of the Army
- Atelier|505; Boston, Massachusetts; The Druker Company, Ltd.
- Clipper Mill; Baltimore, Maryland; Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse
- Eleven80; Newark, New Jersey; Cogswell Realty Group
- General Motors Renaissance Center; Detroit, Michigan; General Motors and Hines
- Medinah Temple-Tree Studios; Chicago, Illinois; Friedman Properties, Ltd.
- National Ballet School of Canada/Radio City; Toronto, Canada; National Ballet School of Canada and Context Development, Inc.
- Overture Center for the Arts; Madison, Wisconsin; Overture Development Corporation
- Solara; Poway, California; Community Housing Works
2007 Asia Pacific
- The Ecovillage at Currumbin; Currumbin, Queensland, Australia; Landmatters Currumbin Valley Property Ltd.
- Hong Kong Wetland Park; Hong Kong, China; Architectural Services Department
- The Landmark Scheme; Hong Kong, China; Hongkong Land
- Nihonbashi Mitsui Tower; Tokyo, Japan; Mitsui Fudosan Co. Ltd.
- Roppongi Hills; Tokyo, Japan; Mori Building Co. Ltd.
- Manufaktura; Łódź, Poland; Group Apsys
- Meudon Campus; Meudon sur Seine, France; Hines
- Kanyon; Istanbul, Turkey; Eczacibaşi Holding
- Petit Palau; Barcelona, Spain; Fundació Orfeó Català-Palau de la Música Catalana
- Terminal 4 at Madrid Barajas Airport; Madrid-Barajas, Spain; AENA Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea
2007 The Americas
- 1180 Peachtree; Atlanta, Georgia; Hines
- 2200; Seattle, Washington; Vulcan Inc.
- THE ARC; Washington, D.C.; Building Bridges Across the River
- Daniel Island; Charleston, South Carolina; The Daniel Island Company
- The Gerding Theater at the Armory; Portland, Oregon; Portland Center Stage
- High Point; Seattle, Washington; Seattle Housing Authority
- Highlands’ Garden Village; Denver, Colorado; Perry Rose LLC and Jonathan Rose Companies
- King’s Lynne; Lynn, Massachusetts; King’s Lynne Residents Council and Corcoran Mullins Jennison Inc.
- RAND Corporation Headquarters; Santa Monica, California; The RAND Corporation
- San Diego Ballpark Neighborhood Revitalization; San Diego, California; San Diego Padres, JMI Realty Inc., Bosa Development, Cisterra Partners LLC, and Douglas Wilson Companies
- Urban Outfitters Corporate Campus; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Urban Outfitters Inc. (owner) Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (developer)
2006 Asia Pacific
- Glentrees; Singapore; CapitaLand Residential Singapore
- Izumi Garden; Tokyo, Japan; Sumitomo Realty and Development Company Ltd.
- Luohu Land Port and Train Station; Shenzhen, China; Shenzhen Municipal Planning Bureau
- Singapore Conservation Programme; Singapore; Singapore Urban Redevelopment Authority
- Wuxi Li Lake Parklands; Wuxi, China; Wuxi Lake District Planning & Construction Leading Team Office
- Agbar Tower; Barcelona, Spain; Layetana Developments
- Muziekgebouw aan ‘t IJ; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Dienst Maatschappelikjke Ontwikkeling
- New Milan Fair Complex; Milan, Italy; Fondazione Fiera Milan
- Potsdamer Platz Arkaden; Berlin, Germany; ECE Projektmanagement GmbH
- Tour CBX; Paris la Défense, France; Tishman Speyer
2006 The Americas
- Belmar; Lakewood, Colorado; Continuum Partners LLC, McStain neighborhoods, and Trammell Crow Residential
- Ladera Ranch; Orange County, California; Rancho Mission Viejo and DMB Consolidated Holdings LLC
- Los Angeles Unified School District Construction Program; Los Angeles, California; Los Angeles Unified School District
- Mesa Arts Center; Mesa, Arizona; Mesa Arts Center
- Montage Resort and Spa; Laguna Beach, California; The Athens Group
- Prudential Center Redevelopment; Boston, Massachusetts; Boston Properties Inc.
- Stapleton District 1; Denver, Colorado; Forest City Enterprises
- The Presidio Trust Management Plan; San Francisco, California; The Presidio Trust
- Victoria Gardens; Rancho Cucamonga, California; Forest City Commercial Development and Lewis Group of Companies
- Washington Convention Center; Washington, D.C.; Washington Convention Center Authority
2005 Asia Pacific
Introduction of separate Asia Pacific awards program
- Federation Square; Melbourne, Australia; Federation Square Management
- Hangzhou Waterfront; Hangzhou, China; Hangzhou Hubin Commerce & Tourism Company Ltd.
- The Loft; Singapore; CapitaLand Residential Ltd.
- Marunouchi Building; Tokyo, Japan; Mitsubishi Estate Company Ltd.
- Pier 6/7, Walsh Bay; Sydney, Australia; Mirvac Group and Transfield Holdings Pty Ltd.
- Cézanne Saint-Honoré; Paris, France; Société Foncière Lyonnaise and Predica
- Danube House; Prague, Czech Republic; Europolis Real Estate Asset
- Government Offices Great George Street; London, United Kingdom; Stanhope PLC and Bovis Lend Lease
- De Hoftoren; The Hague, The Netherlands; ING Real Estate Development
- Meander; Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Het Oosten Kristal and Latei
2005 The Americas
- 34th Street Streetscape Program; New York, New York; 34th Street Partnership
- 731 Lexington Avenue/One Beacon Court; New York, New York; Vornado Realty Trust
- Heritage Award: The Chautauqua Institution; Chautauqua, New York; The Chautauqua Institution
- Fourth Street Live!; Louisville, Kentucky; The Cordish Company
- The Glen; Glenview, Illinois; The Village of Glenview and Mesirow Stein Real Estate Inc.
- Harbor Town; Memphis, Tennessee; Henry Turley Company and Belz Enterprises
- The Market Common, Clarendon; Arlington, Virginia; McCaffery Interests Inc.
- Millennium Park; Chicago, Illinois; City of Chicago and Millennium Park Inc.
- Pueblo del Sol; Los Angeles, California; The Related Companies of California, McCormack Baron Salazar, The Lee Group, and Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles
- Time Warner Center; New York, New York; The Related Companies LP
- Ville Plácido Domingo; Acapulco, Mexico; Casas Geo and CIDECO-Anáhuac
Regions are introduced
Introduction of separate European awards program
- Brindleyplace; Birmingham, United Kingdom; Argent Group PLC
- Bullring; Birmingham, United Kingdom; The Birmingham Alliance
- Casa de les Punxes; Barcelona, Spain; Inmobiliaria Colonial
- Diagonal Mar; Barcelona, Spain; Hines Interests España
- Promenaden Hauptbahnhof Leipzig; Leipzig, Germany; ECE Projektmanagement GmbH & Co., Deutsche Bahn AG, and DB Immobilienfonds
- Regenboogpark; Tilburg, The Netherlands; AM Wonen
2004 The Americas and Asia Pacific
- Baldwin Park; Orlando, Florida; Baldwin Park Development Company
- Fall Creek Place; Indianapolis, Indiana; City of Indiana (owner), Mansur Real Estate Services Inc., and King Park Area Development Corporation (developers)
- First Ward Place/The Garden District; Charlotte, North Carolina; City of Charlotte (owner), Banc of America Community Development Corporation (master developer)
- The Fullerton Square Project; Singapore; Far East Organization/Sino Land
- Playhouse Square Center; Cleveland, Ohio; Playhouse Square Foundation
- The Plaza at PPL Center; Allentown, Pennsylvania; Liberty Property Trust
- Technology Square at Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, Georgia; Georgia Institute of Technology and Georgia Tech Foundation (owners), Jones Lang LaSalle (development manager)
- University Park at MIT; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Forest City Enterprises, City of Cambridge Community Development Department, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Walt Disney Concert Hall; Los Angeles, California; Los Angeles County (owner), Walt Disney Concert Hall Inc. (developer)
- WaterColor; Seagrove Beach, Florida; The St. Joe Company
Product categories eliminated
- Atago Green Hills; Tokyo, Japan; Mori Building Company
- Ayala Center Greenbelt 3; Makati City, Manila, Philippines; Ayala Land Inc.
- Bay Harbor; Bay Harbor, Michigan; Victor International Corporation
- Chattahoochee River Greenway; Georgia; Chattahoochee River Coordinating Committee
- The Grove and Farmers Market; Los Angeles, California; Caruso Affiliated Holdings (The Grove), and A.F. Gilmore Company (Farmers Market)
- Millennium Place; Boston, Massachusetts; Millennium Partners/MDA Associates
- Shanghai Xintiandi (North Block); Shanghai, China; Shui On Group
- The Town of Seaside; Seaside, Florida; Seaside Community Development Corporation
- The Villages of East Lake; Atlanta, Georgia; East Lake Community Foundation Inc.
- The West Philadelphia Initiatives; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; University of Pennsylvania
- Small-Scale Mixed Use: Bethesda Row; Bethesda, Maryland; Federal Realty Investment Trust
- Large-Scale Mixed Use: CityPlace; West Palm Beach, Florida; The Related Companies
- Special: Envision Utah; Salt Lake City, Utah; Coalition for Utah’s Future
- Public: Homan Square Community Center Campus; Chicago, Illinois; Homan Square Community Center Foundation (owner) and The Shaw Company (developer)
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: Hotel Burnham at the Reliance Building; Chicago, Illinois; McCaffery Interests
- Special: Memphis Ballpark District; Memphis, Tennessee; Memphis Redbirds Foundation (owner), and Parkway Properties Inc. (developer)
- Large-Scale Office: One Raffles Link; Singapore Central, Singapore; Hongkong Land Property Co. Ltd.
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: REI Denver Flagship Store; Denver, Colorado; Recreational Equipment Inc.
- Large-Scale Recreational: Station Mont Tremblant; Quebec, Canada; Intrawest
- New Community: Summerlin North; Las Vegas, Nevada; The Rouse Company
International category eliminated
- New Community: Celebration; Celebration, Florida; The Celebration Company
- Special: Dewees Island; Dewees Island, South Carolina; Island Preservation Partnership
- Large-Scale Residential: Harbor Steps; Seattle, Washington; Harbor Properties Inc.
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation; Pier 1; San Francisco, California; AMB Property Corporation
- Small-Scale Recreational: The Reserve; Indian Wells, California; Lowe Enterprises Inc.
- Small-Scale Office: Thames Court; London, United Kingdom; Markborough Properties Limited
- Special: Townhomes at Oxon Creek; Washington, D.C.; William C. Smith & Company Inc.
- Large-Scale Mixed Use: Valencia Town Center Drive; Valencia, California; The Newhall Land and Farming Company
- Large-Scale Commercial/Hotel: The Venetian Casino Resort; Las Vegas, Nevada; LVS/Development Group
- Public: Yerba Buena Gardens; San Francisco, California; Yerba Buena Alliance
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: Amazon.com Building; Seattle, Washington; Wright Runstad and Company
- Heritage Award: The Burnham Plan; Chicago, Illinois; The Commercial Club of Chicago
- Small-Scale Residential: The Colony; Newport Beach, California; Irvine Apartment Communities
- Large-Scale Residential: Coto de Caza; Orange County, California; Lennar Communities
- Small-Scale Mixed Use: DePaul Center; Chicago, Illinois; DePaul University
- Public: NorthLake Park Community School; Orlando, Florida; Lake Nona Land Company
- Large-Scale Rehabilitation: The Power Plant; Baltimore, Maryland; The Cordish Company
- International: Sony Center am Potsdamer Platz; Berlin, Germany; Tishman Speyer Properties, Sony Corporation, Kajima Corporation, and BE-ST Development GmbH & Co. (owner)
- Special: Spring Island; Beaufort County, South Carolina; Chaffin/Light Associates
- Public: The Townhomes on Capitol Hill; Washington, D.C.; Ellen Wilson CDC and Telesis Corporation
- Large-Scale Recreational: Whistler Village/Blackcomb Benchlands; Whistler, British Columbia, Canada; Resort Municipality of Whistler, and INTRAWEST Corporation
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: Bayou Place; Houston, Texas; The Cordish Company
- Large-Scale Residential: Bonita Bay; Bonita Springs, Florida; Bonita Bay Properties Inc.
- Public: Chicago Public Schools Capital Improvement Program; Chicago, Illinois; Chicago Public Schools
- Small-Scale Commercial/Hotel: The Commons at Calabasas; Calabasas, California; Caruso Affiliated Holdings
- Special: Coors Field; Denver, Colorado; Denver Metropolitan Stadium District
- Small-Scale Mixed Use: East Pointe; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Milwaukee Redevelopment Corporation and Mandel Group Inc.
- Large-Scale Recreational: Hualalai; Ka’upulehu-Kona, Hawaii; Ka’upulehu Makai Venture/Hualalai Development Company
- Large-Scale Rehabilitation: John Hancock Center; Chicago, Illinois; U.S. Equities Realty
- Small-Scale Residential: Normandie Village; Los Angeles, California; O.N.E. Company Inc. and SIPA (general partners)
- Small-Scale Commercial/Hotel: Seventh & Collins Parking Facility (Ballet Valet); Miami Beach, Florida; City of Miami Beach, Goldman Properties
- International: Vinohradský Pavilon; Prague, Czech Republic; Prague Investment, a.s.
- Large-Scale Business Park: Alliance; Fort Worth, Texas; Hillwood Development Corporation
- Special: American Visionary Art Museum; Baltimore, Maryland; Rebecca and LeRoy E. Hoffberger
- International: Calakmul; Mexico City, Mexico; Francisco G. Coronado (owner)
- Small-Scale Residential: Courthouse Hill; Arlington, Virginia; Eakin/Youngentob Associates, Inc.
- Public: Harold Washington Library Center; Chicago, Illinois; U.S. Equities Realty (developer)
- Special: Richmond City Center; Richmond, California; BRIDGE Housing Corporation (owner)
- Rehabilitation: Twenty-Eight State Street; Boston, Massachusetts; Equity Office Properties Trust
- Rehabilitation: UtiliCorp United World Headquarters/New York Life Building; Kansas City, Missouri; The Zimmer Companies
- Small-Scale Recreational: Village Center; Beaver Creek, Colorado; East West Partners
- Heritage Award: The Arizona Biltmore Hotel and Resort; Phoenix, Arizona; Grossman Company Properties
- Rehabilitation: Chelsea Piers; New York, New York; Chelsea Piers LP
- Large-Scale Recreational: Desert Mountain; Scottsdale, Arizona; Desert Mountain Properties
- Rehabilitation: Eagles Building Restoration; Seattle, Washington; A Contemporary Theater and Housing Resources Group (general partners)
- Small-Scale Residential: Mercado Apartments; San Diego, California; City of San Diego Redevelopment Agency
- Large-Scale Commercial/Hotel: Park Meadows; Park Meadows, Colorado; TrizecHahn Centers
- Special: Pennsylvania Convention Center; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Pennsylvania Convention Center Authority
- Special: A Safe House for Kids and Moms; Irvine, California; Human Options
- Public: Smyrna Town Center; Smyrna, Georgia; City of Smyrna, Knight-Davidson Companies (residential) and Thomas Enterprises (retail/offices)
- International: Stockley Park at Heathrow; Uxbridge, Middlesex, United Kingdom; Stanhope Properties PLC
- Large-Scale Residential: Avenel; Potomac, Maryland; Natelli Communities
- Public: Bryant Park; New York, New York; Bryant Park Restoration Corporation
- Large-Scale Office: Comerica Tower at Detroit Center; Detroit, Michigan; Hines Interests Limited Partnership
- Small-Scale Residential: The Court Home Collection at Valencia NorthPark; Valencia, California; The Newhall Land and Farming Company, and RGC
- Small-Scale Commercial/Hotel: The Forum Shops; Las Vegas, Nevada; Simon Property Group
- Small-Scale Mixed Use: The Heritage on the Garden; Boston, Massachusetts; The Druker Company
- Large-Scale Recreational: Kiawah Island; Kiawah Island, South Carolina; Kiawah Resort Associates LP
- Special: The Scattered Site Program; Chicago, Illinois; The Habitat Company
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: 640 Memorial Drive; Cambridge, Massachusetts; Massachusetts Institute of Technology Real Estate
- Large-Scale Commercial/Retail: Broadway Plaza; Walnut Creek, California; Macerich Northwestern Associates and The Macerich Company
- Heritage Award: Disneyland Park; Anaheim, California; The Walt Disney Company
- Large-Scale Industrial/Office: Irvine Spectrum; Orange County, California; The Irvine Company
- Small-Scale Recreational: Little Nell Hotel and Aspen Mountain Base; Aspen, Colorado; Aspen Skiing Company
- Special: Monterey Bay Aquarium; Monterey, California; The Monterey Bay Aquarium Foundation
- New Community: Pelican Bay; Naples, Florida; WCI Communities LP
- Special: Riverbank State Park; New York, New York; New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- Small-Scale Residential: Strathern Park Apartments; Sun Valley, California; Thomas Safran and Associates
Introduction of international category
- International: Broadgate; London, United Kingdom; Stanhope Properties
- Small-Scale Residential: Orchard Village; Chattanooga, Tennessee; – Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise
- Public: Oriole Park at Camden Yards; Baltimore, Maryland; Maryland Stadium Authority
- Special: The Pennsylvania Avenue Plan; Washington, D.C.; Pennsylvania Avenue Development Corporation
- Large-Scale Rehabilitation: Phipps Plaza; Atlanta, Georgia; Compass Retail, Inc.
- Heritage Award: Sea Pines Plantation; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; Charles Fraser
- Large-Scale Office: Washington Mutual Tower; Seattle, Washington; Wright Runstad and Company
- Large-Scale Residential: Woodbridge; Irvine, California; The Irvine Company
- Special: The Woodlands; The Woodlands, Texas; The Woodlands Corporation
- Small-Scale Residential: Beverly Hills Senior Housing; Beverly Hills, California; Jewish Federation Council
- Special: Charlestown Navy Yard; Charlestown, Massachusetts; Boston Redevelopment Authority
- Heritage Award: The Country Club Plaza; Kansas City, Missouri; J.C. Nichols Company
- Large-Scale Residential: The Cypress of Hilton Head Island; Hilton Head Island, South Carolina; The Melrose Company
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: Furness House; Baltimore, Maryland; The Cordish Company
- Large-Scale Recreational: Kapalua; Kapalua, Maui, Hawaii; Kapalua Land Company, Ltd.
- Special: Post Office Square Park and Garage; Boston, Massachusetts; Friends of Post Office Square, Inc.
- Rehabilitation: Schlitz Park; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; The Brewery Works, Inc.
- Small-Scale Commercial/Retail: The Somerset Collection; Troy, Michigan; Forbes/Cohen Properties and Frankel Associates
- Small-Scale Commercial/Retail: CocoWalk; Miami, Florida; Constructa U.S.
- Special: The Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course; Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; Hagadone Hospitality
- Special: The Delancey Street Foundation; San Francisco, California; The Delancey Street Foundation
- Public: Harbor Point; Boston, Massachusetts; Corcoran Jennison Companies
- Large-Scale Mixed Use: Market Square; Washington, D.C.; Trammell Crow
- New Community: Planned Community of Mission Viejo; Mission Viejo, California; Mission Viejo Company
- Small-Scale Residential: Summit Place; St. Paul, Minnesota; Robert Engstrom Companies
- Rehabilitation: Tysons Corner Center; McLean, Virginia; The L&B Group
- Small-Scale Commercial/Retail: Del Mar Plaza; Del Mar, California; Del Mar Partnership
- Large-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Fashion Centre at Pentagon City; Arlington, Virginia; Melvin Simon & Associates and Rose Associates
- Small-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Garibaldi Square; Chicago, Illinois; The Charles H. Shaw Company
- Large-Scale Residential: Ghent Square; Norfolk, Virginia; Norfolk Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Special: Grand Central Partnership; New York, New York; Grand Central Partnership
- Small-Scale Office: James R. Mills Building; San Diego, California; Starboard Development Corporation
- Rehabilitation: Marina Village; Alameda, California; Vintage Properties
- Special: Union Station; Washington, D.C.; Union Station Redevelopment Corporation
- Small-Scale Commercial: The Boulders; Carefree, Arizona; Westcor Partner
- Large-Scale Industrial: Carnegie Center; Princeton, New Jersey; Carnegie Center Associates
- Small-Scale Residential: Columbia Place; San Diego, California; Odmark & Thelan
- Large-Scale Residential: River Run; Boise, Idaho; O’Neill Enterprises, Inc.
- Special: Tent City; Boston, Massachusetts; Tent City Corporation
- Rehabilitation: Wayne County Building; Detroit, Michigan; Farbman Stein
- New Community: Woodlake; Richmond, Virginia; East West Partners of Virginia
Introduction of Heritage Award
- Small-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Charleston Place; Charleston, South Carolina; The Taubman Company, Inc., and Cordish Embry Associates (joint venture)
- Rehabilitation: Commonwealth Development; Boston, Massachusetts; Corcoran Management
- Small-Scale Office: Escondido City Hall; Escondido, California; City of Escondido
- Large-Scale Office: Norwest Center; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Hines Interests
- Special: Pratt-Willert Neighborhood; Buffalo, New York; City of Buffalo
- New Community: Reston; Reston, Virginia; Mobil Land Development in Virginia
- Heritage Award: Rockefeller Center; New York, New York; The Rockefeller Group
- Large-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Rowes Wharf; Boston, Massachusetts; The Beacon Companies
- Large-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Copley Place; Boston, Massachusetts; Urban Investment & Development Company
- Special: Downtown Women’s Center; Los Angeles, California; The Ratkovitch Company
- Large-Scale Commercial/Retail: The Grand Avenue; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Milwaukee Redevelopment Corporation (MRC)
- Rehabilitation: Northpoint; Chicago, Illinois; Amoco Neighborhood Development
- Small-Scale Residential: Pickleweed Apartments; Mill Valley, California; BRIDGE Housing Corporation
- Large-Scale Residential: Rector Place; New York, New York; Battery Park City Authority
- Small-Scale Office: Wilshire Palisades; Santa Monica, California; Tooley & Company
- Large-Scale Industrial/Office Park: Bishop Ranch Business Park; San Ramon, California; Sunset Development Company
- Small-Scale Commercial/Retail: Loews Ventana Canyon Resort; Tucson, Arizona; Estes Homebuilding
- Large-Scale Urban Mixed Use: St. Louis Union Station; St. Louis, Missouri; The Rouse Company
- Small-Scale Residential: Straw Hill; Manchester, New Hampshire; George Matarazzo and Mark Stebbins
- Rehabilitation: The Willard Inter-Continental; Washington, D.C.; The Oliver Carr Company
Introduction of rehabilitation and special categories
- Small-Scale Mixed Use: 2000 Pennsylvania Avenue; Washington, D.C.; George Washington University
- Small-Scale Rehabilitation: Downtown Costa Mesa; Costa Mesa, California; PSB Realty Corporation
- Special: Inner Harbor Shoreline; Baltimore, Maryland; Baltimore City Development Corporation
- Large-Scale Recreational: Kaanapali Beach Resort; Kaanapali, Hawaii; Amfac/JMB Hawaii
- Large-Scale Residential: The Landings on Skidaway Island; Savannah, Georgia; The Bramigar Organization, Inc.
- Small-Scale Industrial/Office Park: The Purdue Frederick Company; Norwalk, Connecticut; The Purdue Frederick Company
- Large-Scale Recreational: Water Tower Place; Chicago, Illinois; JMB Realty Corporation
Introduction of product categories
- New Community: Las Colinas; Irving, Texas; JPI Partners, Inc.
- Large-Scale Residential: Museum Tower; New York, New York; The Charles H. Shaw Company
- Small-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Sea Colony Condominiums; Santa Monica, California; Dominion Property Company
- Large-Scale Recreational: Sea Pines Plantation; Hilton Head, South Carolina; Community Development Institute
- Small-Scale Urban Mixed Use: Vista Montoya; Los Angeles, California; Pico Union Neighborhood Council/Community Redevelopment Agency
- Large Scale: Embarcadero Center; San Francisco, California; Embarcadero Center, Ltd.
- Small Scale: Rainbow Centre; Niagara Falls, New York; The Cordish Company
- Large Scale: Eaton Centre; Toronto, Canada; Cadillac Fairview Limited
Two awards given: large and small scale
- Large Scale: Heritage Village; Southbury, Connecticut; Heritage Development Group, Inc.
- Small Scale: Promontory Point; Newport Beach, California; The Irvine Company
- WDW/Reedy Creek; Orlando, Florida; The Walt Disney Company
- Charles Center; Baltimore, Maryland; Baltimore City Development Corporation
First year of award
- The Galleria; Houston, Texas; Hines Interests Limited Partnership